My Blog List

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Letter to Fiction Records

Fiction Records represents many bands including Snow Patrol and The Cure; one of their main bands is Crystal Castles. I emailed them asking whether it would be ok for me to use the song I have chosen 'Not in Love' - Crystal Castles ft. Robert Smith. The song isn't officially released until the 6th December so I had to include the fact that I wouldn't be showing my video until after then.

"I am currently studying media at A level. I am just starting a project to create a music video. I am writing to find out whether you would be happy for me to use the Crystal Castles track 'Not in Love', specifically the rereleased version featuring Robert Smith. Though I am aware this song is yet to be released, I will not be completing my project until after the release date.
Thank you very much for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you."

This is the reply I recieved

Hi Vicki,

The track goes on sale at itunes on Dec 6th 2010. To license the track, please email kate.bestic@umusic.com

Good luck with your ALevels,

Fiction

However I do not want to licence the track as this costs money and I will not release the video myself it will only be sent to the examiners. So I will just leave that as it is and download the song, legally, when it is released on the 6th of December

No comments:

Post a Comment