My Blog List

Monday 24 January 2011

Beach and Balloon problems

Two things that I thought would be easy making, making a stone heart and filming a heart shaped balloon  floating away, have turned out two be the trickiest things I have had to deal with when filming.

Wednesday 19th January -I checked the tide times for the local beach and found that the tide would be furthest out at 2.27 and as I wanted the waves to wash over the stones I wanted to get there before that. I set off from school at 11 thinking I would reach the beach by midday while the tide was still quite far in; due to unforeseen circumstances - mainly my mother and sister being slow to get ready- I did not get to the beach until 2.30 when the sea was as far out as it would be for the whole day. I then had to make the heart on an empty space of sand the closest one which I could was still quite a distance from the sea so there was unfortunately no chance of the waves washing it away. However I knew the audience would still be able to infer that eventually the sea would washing it away; carrying on the idea that the love does not always last forever.

Thursday 20th January - Today I headed into the city in the afternoon with my actor; to shoot one of the final scenes I needed for my video; the balloon floating away into the sky. I had thought that it would be difficult to find a heart shaped balloon and had even enlisted someone that was able to make balloon animals thinking that if needed she could fashion a heart out of one long thin balloon. After 30 mins of searching we found a small card shop that had some heart shaped balloons bought in for Valentines day - they were exactly what I had hoped for. We then went to the local park to take some photos I could use for my digipak or magazine article. This caused to be trickier than imagined as I had again forgot to think about the weather! The wind made it extremely difficult to catch the balloon staying in one particular place. It just would not stay still! Eventually after moving around to nearly every bench in the park we found one that had a tree slightly sheltering us from the wind, but still let through enough to have the balloon be blown slightly in the direction I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment