My Blog List

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Actual Video

On Sunday 19th December 2010 I went out to start filming for my video even though it was around 5pm it was already very dark and with the street lighting in the area I was using I got the look that I had wanted. It had also been snowing in the days before so the remenants of it were on the ground. I thought this looked good and it also went with the snow footstep heart that I had made and filmed earlier in the week to go with the video so it would link the abstractness of it to the idea that maybe the girl had done it herself. It was a sucessfull start of shooting I felt as we left that evening despite the coldness. However when I watched it back I realised that there was continuity in the fact the girl had both checked her phone then used a pay phone. I think that it would look more realistic if she were to lok at her watch before using the payphone instead; as then the audience gets an idea that she is waiting for someone who she then finds out isn't coming.

So I planned to reshoot just that scene with my actor; but due to the change in time of year we will have to film later when it is dark. But the main problem is that now it had not been snowing the background will look completely different. So the option is now to leave in the continuity or completely refilm all those scenes and call that the practise run.

No comments:

Post a Comment